News & Events
|Rules to Keep in Mind When Approaching a Hospital to Initiate a Chiropractic Department
- Make sure all applicants from your community are certified by an AAHC approved hospital protocols course. It is required by many hospitals.
- Keep the AAHC up to date on your progress and your accomplishments.
- Ask for help from those who already have hospital privileges.
- Do not try to push your way into a hospital. Find a physician or administrator who will pull you in.
- Do not use litigation to obtain hospital privileges.
- Work as a team with other local chiropractors to gain privileges.
- Find out the names of the Department Chiefs and refer to them.
- Find out the names of physicians who might try to prevent a chiropractic department. Refer to them and make sure they know who your are.
- Keep statistics of your team's referrals to the hospital and its staff physicians.
- Write your bylaws before you approach the hospital.
- Be 110% truthful on your application for privileges.
- Be consistently professional, i.e. suit, tie, type written/grammatically correct letters. Speak and act like a doctor.
- Your goal is to find out what the hospital administrators and physicians want and then give it to them.
- If it cannot be accomplished legally, ethically, and morally--it is not worth doing.
- Provide an excellent product and allow the profit to be the byproduct of your altruistic efforts.
- Maintain your modesty while never underestimating your value to the hospital.